WWE Explains Social Media Smackdown
- WWE sent out the following today…
WWE® SOCIAL MEDIA Smackdown GOES LIVE ON SYFY FRIDAY, MARCH 1 AT 8PM
NEW YORK — February 27, 2013 – Syfy and WWE (NYSE:WWE) today announced Social Media Smackdown, a live social media event which, for the first time ever, will include live social media content, interactive fan polls, WWE Superstar and Diva tweets, Touts and more. WWE announcers Jerry “The King” Lawler, Michael Cole and Josh Matthews will provide live commentary throughout the night, which airs on Syfy Friday, March 1 at 8PM (ET/PT).
The Friday night special will feature WWE’s biggest Superstars and Divas, including World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio®, Randy Orton®, Big Show®, Daniel Bryan®, Kaitlyn™ and Sheamus®.
Smackdown is the second longest-running, weekly episodic program in U.S. primetime TV history, behind only Monday Night Raw.
Must-read wrestling news:
* Update on Rey Mysterio’s WWE appearances
* Full WWE Smackdown spoilers
* Jack Swagger’s push draws criticism from ESPN
* WWE Raw ratings up from last week
* Ask 411 Wrestling: The Shield, Lawler vs. Heyman, More
* The Top 5 Worst Stables