WWE Films President Speaks on the New Darker Leprechaun Movie Reboot
- Crave WWE Films President Michael Luisi who talked about the new Leprechaun movie. The movie will be a reboot of the horror movie franchise starring Warwick Davis, and will star WWE’s Hornswoggle as the titular, malevolent villain. Here are some highlights:
How did the Leprechaun franchise land at WWE: “Well, it’s controlled by Lionsgate and all of the movies that we’re doing now we do with co-producing, co-financing partners. I come out of 12 years at Miramax so I have a lot of relationships from the Miramax days and when I went out and pitched our new business model to the people I knew at Lionsgate, they said, “Hey, you know what would be kind of fun? Finding something to do with your guys with one of your superstars that revolves around one of our existing franchises.” And I said, “I’ve got the project for you: Leprechaun, Hornswaggle.” Our talent Hornswaggle who will play the Leprechaun in the reboot of the franchise.”
Will there be a role for Warwick Davis: “I think that’s still an open question. Maybe a cameo. I don’t know at this point. The script is still in development.”
Will there be any elements from the previous movies: “No, it is a true reboot of the franchise.”
What will the tone be for the new movie: “The tone is going to be a little darker, a little more traditional horror than the Warwick Davis ones that people remember, trying to find a way to please fans of that genre but at the same time this is really being played for scares.”
Must-read wrestling news:
* WWE.com list the Top 20 WCW Matches of all time
* Goldberg teases a return to the ring
* EA Sports to end up with WWE video game license?
* Kid Kash gone from TNA?
* Who will induct Mick Foley into the WWE Hall Of Fame?
* Will WWE bring Money in the Bank back to WrestleMania? (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)
* The Top 5 Royal Rumble Memories