WWE Financials: PPV Buyrates Update – Survivor Series Way Down
- WWE released their Fourth Quarter and Full Year financials today. Here are the PPV numbers for the quarter…
Pay-Per-View revenues were $13.0 million as compared to $14.6 million in the prior-year quarter reflecting the production of three pay-per-view events in the current quarter as compared to four in the prior-year quarter. In addition, revenue and buys were impacted by the timing of our Pay-Per-View distribution in the U.K. as our television partner in that country selected one fewer event in the current quarter for distribution via pay-per-view. On a comparable basis, for the events produced in the quarter, revenue increased approximately 4% as a 3% decline in buys was more than offset by a 7% increase in the average revenue per buy due in part to an increased proportion of buys to view our events in high definition, which generally attracts higher retail prices.
Must-read wrestling news:
* The Rock says a rematch with John Cena had the most box office appeal
* Who came up with the Jack Swagger/Zeb Colter storyline?
* Chris Jericho: “Triple H is the right guy to take over WWE”
* 411′s WWE Main Event report
* The Top 10 Heels of the Week
* 411 Fact or Fiction: Undertaker’s Return, Punk vs Cena, More