WWE Financials: WWE Studios, Magazine and WWE.com Revenues
– WWE released their Fourth Quarter and Full Year financials today. Here are the revenues for the WWE magazine, WWE.com and WWE Studios…
Magazine publishing net revenues were $1.7 million as compared to $2.0 million in the prior-year quarter, reflecting lower newsstand sales in the current-year quarter. WWE.com revenues increased to $6.2 million from $2.7 million in the prior-year quarter, primarily due to increased rights fees associated with the licensing of original short-form content to YouTube and the licensing of next-day access of current WWE TV programs to Hulu Plus. The related programming agreements with YouTube and Hulu commenced February 2012 and September 2012, respectively. Sales of online advertising also increased from the prior-year quarter. WWEShop revenues declined to $5.9 million from $6.2 million in the prior-year quarter as a 10% decline in average revenue per order to $47.10 was partially offset by a 4% increase in the number of online merchandise sales to 125,000 orders. During the quarter, WWE Studios recognized revenue of $0.6 million as compared to $4.3 million in the prior-year quarter, reflecting the timing of releases. There were no feature films released in the current quarter as compared to one release, The Reunion, in the prior-year quarter. WWE Studios’ movie portfolio generated a loss of $0.6 million, including a $0.5 million film impairment charge, compared to a loss of $13.8 million in the prior-year quarter, which included $12.2 million in film charges. Excluding the impact of those charges in both the current and prior-year quarter, the WWE Studios’ movie portfolio generated essentially break-even results compared to an adjusted loss of $1.6 million in the prior-year quarter.
Must-read wrestling news:
* The Rock says a rematch with John Cena had the most box office appeal
* Who came up with the Jack Swagger/Zeb Colter storyline?
* Chris Jericho: “Triple H is the right guy to take over WWE”
* 411’s WWE Main Event report
* The Top 10 Heels of the Week
* 411 Fact or Fiction: Undertaker’s Return, Punk vs Cena, More