WWE Forgets To Celebrate Major Anniversary
- With WWE preparing to celebrate the 20th anniversary of RAW, they’ve forgotten a more important anniversary: the 60th anniversary of the Capitol Wrestling Corporation, which was January 7. That’s when Vince McMahon Sr promoted his first wrestling event under the Capitol banner, according to the WWE Encylopedia.
WWE has said in the past that they were officially created a decade later in January 1963 when they broke away from the NWA, but all they did was change the name of the promotion. Everything else (management, stockholders, roster, champions, booked arenas, TV timeslots, staff, etc) were still the same. The only thing that actually changed was Capitol Wrestling’s name to the World Wide Wrestling Federation (WWWF). In March 1979 they switched to WWF and then in May 2002 they switched to WWE.
Must-read news from around the site:
* Hot Pics of 2012: Olga Kurylenko, Pamela Anderson, Paulina Gretzsky
* Hot Pics of 2012: Nicki Minaj, Naya Rivera, Nicole Scherzinger
* Traler released for The Last Exorcism Part II
* Guillermo del Toro frustrated with lack of movement on Hulk TV Show
* New Multiplayer Featurette For Tomb Raider
* The Top 5 Breakout Fighters of 2012
* The Top 10 Metal Albums of 2012
* The Top 10 Best and Worst Films of 2012