WWE House Show Results 01.06.13 – Tallahassee, Florida
Credit: Kyle Weaver & PW Torch
Tonight’s show in Tallahassee was about three-fourths-full. It featured a seven-match card full of NXT guys.
First up, the Funkasaurus and his daktyls came to the ring, followed by Zack Ryder. They took on the returning Jack Swagger and NXT’s Leo Kruger.
(1) Brodus Clay & Zack Ryder defeated Jack Swagger & Leo Kruger. The end came swiftly as Ryder hit his finisher on Leo, and Clay hit a big splash on Swagger.
Vickie Guerrero came out and said that later tonight, the WWE Universe will decide what kind of match the U.S. Title will defended in when Antonio Cesaro takes on The Miz. The options were two-out-of-three-falls or No DQ.
(2) Alex Riley defeated JTG. In a match that Riley seemed very upset with, he pulled out the win with his version of a neckbreaker.
(3) Divas champion Eve defeated Kaitlyn to retain the Divas Title. Kaitlyn looked much tougher than Eve, but Eve pulled out a win with a neckbreaker.
The final match before intermission was a six-man tag. Daniel Bryan came out by himself and The Shield came down thru the crowd. They immediately began to beat down Bryan until finally Kane made the save. The save was short-lived as they were overcome again. At this time, “Feed Me More” chants began to ring through the building and with that, Ryback sprinted to the ring. After the Shield got out, the match started as a regular match.
(4) Ryback & WWE tag champions Daniel Bryan & Kane defeated The Shield (Seth Rollins & Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns) via DQ. Kane and Bryan got their moves in until their adversaries took control and singled out Bryan. Finally, Ryback got the hot tag and prepared to hit the Shell Shock, but Roman Reigns grabbed a chair and gutted Ryback, causing the DQ.
Afterward, Kane chokeslammed Rollins and Ryback hit Shell Shock on Ambrose to lead into intermission.
As the show came back, we awaited the results for the U.S. Title match, but instead Tensai’s music hit, and it was time for the comedic match of the night. His opponent…Santino Marella.
(5) Santino defeated Tensai. The funniest lines were Tensai saying, “Don’t call me Albert,” and telling a guy up front: “I get paid to look foolish.” Tensai kept the upper-hand until Santino hit the Cobra nerve pinch that didn’t seem to phase Tensai at all. He flexed, showing his strength, stood bak up, and immediately fell straight back, seemingly frozen, finger pointed up in the air. Marella got the pin and won the match.
Next up was the U.S. Title match that, not surprisingly, was deemed a No DQ match, winning 94 percent of the vote.
(6) U.S. champion Antonio Cesaro defeated The Miz in a Street Fight to retain the U.S. Title. A kendo stick and a chair were brought in early and a table was teased throughout the match, but Cesaro would get the upper hand and put it back under the ring. Finally, Cesaro reversed a powerbomb attempt by Miz through the table and turned it into the Neutralizer for the win. After the match, Miz speared Antonio through the table.
Finally, it was time for the main event. Dolph Ziggler came out first with Big E. Langston and A.J. John Cena then came out to the biggest pop of the night.
(7) John Cena defeated Dolph Ziggler in a Street Fight. Big E. came in while the ref was distracted twice and hit Cena, but when the ref caught A.J. grabbing Cena’s foot, they were thrown out. Ziggler hit the sleeper, Zig-Zag, and a superkick out of nowhere, but Cena did a Superman kick-out. Finally, after Big E. was inadvertently hit with the MITB briefcase, Cena hit the Attitude Adjusmtnet and the crowd left home happy with Cena winning.
Must-read wrestling news:
* Kelly Kelly wraps her booty in a tight, backless dress
* WWE officially advertising the Rock for numerous dates this month
* Jim Ross comments on the Rock’s return
* The 2012 411 Wrestling Year End Awards: Breakout Star, Comeback, More
* The Top 10 Royal Rumble Winners