WWE News: Jericho’s Rumble Appearance, Unused Surprise Names, More
– Chris Jericho’s deal to work the Royal Rumble is believed to have been made when the company contacted him regarding a potential appearance on the 1,000th episode of Raw. Jericho was kept hidden in a bus outside the arena until his entrance; no word on his long-term contract status.
– There were plans to use Mark Henry, Carlito and Shelton Benjamin at the Rumble but it didn’t happen. This was the first PPV that Henry has been brought in for since he was hurt. There had been discussion of using Carlito since he visited backstage at the 1,000th Raw, but certain people soured on him when he began slamming CM Punk online.
– Ted DiBiase was backstage at the show; he is expected to return from injury soon. Chris Masters was also there visiting.
– The Godfather quietly drove in to the show from Phoenix in an attempt to hide his appearance from those who might have been looking for talent at the airports. He arrived Sunday afternoon, checked in to his hotel and then headed to the arena.
Must-read news from around the site:
* Rihannna shows off her thick swimsuit body
* Vida Guerra squeezes her giant booty into stretch pants
* Argo earns top honor at SAG Awards
* Check out the new cinematic trailer for Injustice: Gods Among Us
* Dana White says Brock Lesnar/Fedor Emelianenko bout almost happened
* The Top 10 Actors That Could Have Competed in MMA
* 411’s 2012 Fighter of the Year