WWE News: Jim Ross, Lea/Burchill Incest Angle and More
- Before Jim Ross signed his new two-year deal with WWE, he had been working without a contract since November. The two-year deal is seen as a vote of confidence, as last year he had only been offered, and signed to a one-year deal. Also with the move to HD, the signing is seen as another vote of confidence, since WWE is more image conscience than ever because they know that the HD will make some things appear worse than they are as Ross’ image has always been something of a knock against him.
– Vince McMahon has approved of the incest/Cruel Intentions angle for Katie Lea and Paul Burchill. The couple will likely appear for ECW or Raw, due to the fear of backlash from network TV. McMahon has wanted to do an angle like this for some time, once suggesting he be the father of Stephanie’s baby and also back in 1998 where on screen bother and sister Ken and Ryan Shamrock (Alicia Webb) would end up as lovers. Ken Shamrock nixed this plan at the time. In an interesting twist he and Webb did end up as a couple during that time.
– As it has been in past years, WrestleMania is again slated for a four-hour PPV window.
– Ron Killings has signed his WWE contract, and is awaiting his medical clearance.
– Paul London is out with a foot injury, but is expected back in a few weeks.
Credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter