WWE News: More on ‘Five Million Women’ Campaign, College Football Star Comments on Cena Tweet
– The Connecticut Post has an article looking at WWE’s new online campaign, “Five Million Women Watch the WWE.” As previously reported, the company is running the ads after being accused of misogynistic conduct in its historical programming. The company says that the ad is part of a re-branding effort to promote their PG product and says it has nothing to do with defending Linda McMahon in her Senate campaign. You can read the full story here.
– One of the top college football stars this year commented on the fact that he was tweeted at by John Cena. Cena posted on Monday to Manti Te’o of Notre Dame:
Hey @WWE @espn @nfl @SportsCenter if u get a chance read @MTeo_5 profile quote. This young man is a class act. #HLR.
Te’o told a Fox affiliate in an interview that when he found out about the tweet, he raced to the locker room to read it. Te’o noted that he knows a lot about wrestling as a fan and that The Rock and Goldberg were his favorite wrestlers growing up. You can read the interview here.
More must-read wrestling news:
* Eve Torres discusses the odds of an MMA career
* AJ Lee: “I’m obsessed with Stephanie McMahon”
* Gawker responds to Hulk Hogan’s lawsuit over sex tape
* 411’s WWE Main Event report