WWE News: New Jim Ross Blog, New WWE Dates, Article on Mick Foley Book Signing
- WWE returns to the Assembly Hall at the University Of Illinois in Champaign, Illinois on February 9th, 2013. [Credit: Pwinsider.com]
– WWE will be holding an event at the Ulker Sports Arena in Istanbul, Turkey on February 23rd, 2013. [Credit: Pwinsider.com]
– Jim Ross has posted a new blog entry, which you can check out at this link.
– Newsday has an article up on Mick Foley signing his new Christmas book in his hometown of Long Island, NY. You can check out the full article at this link.
– WWE sent out the following today…
World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. : WWE App Tops HBO Go with Revolutionary Second Screen Experience
During last night’s episode of Monday Night Raw®, WWE launched an unprecedented second screen experience, “WWE Active,” on its WWE flagship app, including the delivery of live match continuation, backstage content, live polls, photos, trivia and exclusive information on WWE Superstars and Divas.
WWE’s flagship app has secured more than 2.7 million downloads in 215 countries since it launched four months ago. The app achieved more than 100,000 updates and 20,000 downloads last night alone, moving up more than 300 spots into the Top 50 Free Entertainment Apps on the iPhone, ranking ahead of HBO Go, NBC, Showtime Anytime, ABC Family and Cartoon Network.
“WWE Active” will provide a second screen TV companion experience that is customized for Monday Night Raw, SmackDown and WWE Main Event, in addition to a 24/7 platform for the WWE Universe on-the-go. Using mobile location technology, users can also order tickets to local events, watch and purchase pay-per-views, buy authentic WWE merchandise via WWEShop.com and follow social conversations happening in their area.
“No one else out there is executing an interactive experience at this level and we’re proud to be at the forefront of innovation,” said Perkins Miller, EVP Digital Media, WWE. “WWE is committed to enhancing the fan experience and we’re excited to unveil a revolutionary second screen experience with WWE Active.”
The WWE flagship app, powered by Bottle Rocket Apps, is available for iOS and Android mobile devices and tablets, including the iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Samsung Galaxy SIII. The app is free and can be found in Apple’s iTunes App Store and Android Marketplace.
Must-read news from around the site:
* Kate Upton gets wet and wild without a top in a new ad for GQ
* Rihanna gives the camera a seductive pose in a super-short T-shirt
* Anne Hathaway says she’d love to do a Catwoman spin-off
* Christopher Nolan talks about if Man of Steel Will Be Similar to The Dark Knight
* New DLC content for WWE ’13 now available
* Joss Whedon’s plot outline for Avengers 2 is finished