WWE News: Recent Attendance Figures, Main Event Ratings, New Video Library Targeted
- The February 7th episode of WWE Main Event drew a 0.9 rating with 1.4 million viewers.
– WWE is reportedly looking to acquire the UK “World of Sport” library, which is owned by ITV. Several matches from the World of Sport library will be featured on Bret Hart’s upcoming “Dungeon Collection” DVD set, which is due out March 5th.
– Here are some recent WWE attendance and gate information…
* 2/8 (RAW) from Poplar Bluff, MO: 4,000 fans, $100,000 gate
* 2/9 (RAW) from Springfield, MO: 4,800 fans, $135,000 gate
* 2/9 (SmackDown) from Champaign, IL: 5,500 fans, $160,000 gate
* 2/10 (RAW) from Cape Girardeau, MO: 3,200 fans, $95,000 gate
* 2/10 (SmackDown) from Louisville, KY: 7,500 fans, $220,000 gate
Credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter via rajah.com
Must-read wrestling news:
* Torrie Wilson balances her booty on a tennis ball
* Hulk Hogan says he’s a fan of John Cena
* Several legends to return at WrestleMania?
* Updated list of Chris Jericho, Brock Lesnar and Rock’s upcoming WWE appearances
* TNA signs new TV deal in Germany
* 411’s WWE Main Event report