WWE Smackdown Rating
– Last Friday’s episode of WWE Smackdown heading into this year’s Royal Rumble event scored a 2.08 rating and averaged 3.029 million viewers. The rating was up from the 2.03 rating drawn last week.
The average viewership was up five percent from last week’s average. The show ranked #2 on cable TV behind Gold Rush on the Discovery Channel which drew over four million viewers. Smackdown was #2 in key male demos behind Gold Rush on Friday. The show was #9 among teen males which includes the m12-17 demo tied for lowest of the year.
This is the first time in almost one year since Smackdown has done above a 2.0 rating for three consecutive weeks. The last time was February 2012 leading up to Wrestlemania 28.
Must-read wrestling news:
* Will The Rock Debut a New WWE Title Tonight on Raw?
* Update on WWE Negotiating with Bruno Sammartino
* Possible WrestleMania Feud For Chris Jericho (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)
* Brock Lesnar Signs New WWE Deal
* Chris Jericho Signs Short Term Deal With WWE
* Update on Rey Mysterio’s WWE Status
* The Top 10 Secondary Titles