WWE Super Smackdown Rating
- Lesson #1 for WWE: don’t air Smackdown on the same night as a national election. Tuesday’s “live” episode of Smackdown scored a 1.52 rating with 2.20 million viewers. That rating is down 0.4 from the usual Friday night rating and the viewership is the lowest first-run episode of the year, with only the July 6th rebroadcast of a live Smackdown bringing in fewer viewers.
The show was ranked #20 among cable TV shows for the night and #14 among the male 18 – 34 and male 18 – 49 demographics. The demographic ratings didn’t fall nearly as much as the overall rating did. That suggests that it was casual viewers who skipped the show, presumably for election coverage.
Below is the viewership of the live Smackdowns this year:
Feb. 21 – 2.33 million viewers
Apr. 10 – 2.25 million viewers
July 3 – 2.54 million viewers
Nov. 6 – 2.20 million viewers
Credit: PW Torch
More must-read wrestling news:
* Triple H discusses a possible in ring return for Steve Austin
* WWE injury updates on Mark Henry, Christian, More
* Check out the listing of ticket prices for WrestleMania 29
* Jim Ross discusses Jerry Lawler’s health
* WWE considering European stadium show
* 411 Wrestling Hall of Fame Class of 2012: Shawn Michaels