WWE Using New App to Offset Declining TV Ratings
– WWE executive Perkins Miller revealed that WWE plans to expand their “WWE Active” mobile App to help offset declining TV ratings during last weeks CES media. In addition to special voting, WWE plans to expand live streaming of video content during Raw, potentially offer games to win points while watching WWE TV. They will also implement a social media element into the software, and offer other content that will prevent viewers from changing the channel.
Perkins noted that the App, “enables our fans to stay completely connected to the show and stay glued to the couch throughout our commercial breaks through the entire show. It’s a really powerful tool to sustain a rating.”
Must-read wrestling news:
* Complete WWE Smackdown spoilers
* El Generico reportedly signs with WWE
* Tammy Sytch and Damian Darling announce their engagement
* What did the Rock’s “Cookie Puss” reference to CM Punk mean?
* Ask 411 Wrestling: Steve Austin/HHH, Owen Shooting on HBK, More
* The 2012 411 Wrestling Year End Awards: Worst Tag Team, Worst Promo, More