WWE Video Game Partner THQ to be Auctioned Off January 22nd
- THQ has received approval from the U.S. Bankruptcy Court to proceed with the sale of the company via auction on January 22nd. The court has approved Clearlake Capital Group’s opening bid to buy the company, but the auction will allow for more bids to be placed.
Besides bids for the entire company being taken, bids for individual assets in the company will be accepted. All bids are scheduled to be submitted by 9AM ET on January 22nd, with the formal auction being held at 3PM ET. The closing of the purchase will be finalizes January 24th.
WWE is one of THQ’s top creditors, but at this time, it is not known what their role in the auction may be.
Must-read news from around the site:
* Katy Perry named the hottest woman of 2013
* More of Jessica Alba’s bikini booty
* Rita Ora stretches out her bikini body on the beach
* Hot Pics of 2012: Maria Kanellis, Maria Menounos, Maryse
* Hot Pics of 2012: Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele, Miley Cyrus
* New trailer for Pacific Rim
* The Top 5 Concert Films
* The Top 8 Playstation 2 Games
* The Top 16 Worst Movies of 2012 (#16 – 9)