WWE Video Game Producer THQ Officially Dissolved Today
According to Pwinsider.com, WWE videogame producer THQ was officially dissolved today as the studios, staff, licenses and properties were sold to at least five different entities through a bankruptcy auction today.
THQ employees received an email today informing them that if they were working on a property or for a studio that was not scheduled to be sold off this week, their employment would be coming to an end.
There is no word yet where the WWE license would end up, but work was already underway for WWE 14 to be released near the end of 2013.
Must-read wrestling news:
* Who Will Induct Mick Foley Into WWE Hall Of Fame?
* Will WWE Bring Money in the Bank Back to WrestleMania? (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)
* Complete WWE Smackdown Taping Results (SPOILERS)
* Ask 411 Wrestling 01.23.13: Undertaker vs. Austin, Royal Rumble, Drug Addicts, More
* [PODCAST] Thoughts From The Man Cave: Pop Culture Potpourri – WWE, NHL, NFL, More
* The Top 5 Royal Rumble Memories