WWE’s Broadcast Partner To Be Bought Out By Comcast
- Comcast has announced that they will be buying out General Electric’s 49% interest in NBC/Universal for $16.7 billion. The company had been planning to buy out GE for a while but had planned to do so at a later date; they cited low borrowing costs as the reason for doing the deal now.
NBC/Universal is WWE’s primary broadcast partner, airing Raw and Smackdown on the company’s USA and SyFy channels. This could conceivably give Comcast more of a stake in airing the WWE Network, as more visibility to the company could increase ratings (and thus ad rates and profits) for the regular shows.
Must-read wrestling news:
* Iron Sheik threatens Olympic officials over removing wrestling from the Olympics
* Was the Undertaker backstage at Raw last night?
* Kazarian comments on rumored changes to TNA’s Lockdown PPV
* Who will win the Elimination Chamber on Sunday?
* Updated WWE Elimination Chamber card
* 411’s Wrestler of the Week