WWE’s November Business Notes: Live Event Attendance Down, DVD Sales Up
Here are the WWE business figures for the month of November:
- Live Event attendance in North America averaged 4,76 paid fans, down 12% from last year (5,429)
- European tour attendance was down 11% from last year.
- DVD units shipped were 556,000, up 107% from 268,000 last year. Wrestlemania 28 is the top-selling DVD of the year, followed by DVD sets for The Rock, CM Punk and The Undertaker.
- WWE.com had 11.1 million unique visitors, down 4% from last year.
- WWEShop.com averaged 1,267 orders per day, the same as 2011.
- WWE RAW averaged a 2.78 rating with 4 million viewers. This is down 10.9% from last year. Viewership audience is down 10.7%.
- WWE Smackdown averaged a 1.88 rating with 2.67 million viewers. This is down 8.3% from last year. Viewership audience is down 11.3%.
Must-read news from around the site:
* Christina Milian rocks a cleavage-baring dress on The Voice
* Jodie Marsh’s amazing rack threatens to spill out of her bikini top
* Check out the first TV spot for A Good Day to Die Hard
* Update on Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D. and Avengers 2
* Check out early concept art from The Dark Knight Rises
* Director James Gunn denies casting rumors for Guardians of the Galaxy
* The Top 10 Albums of 2012
* The Top 10 Horror Films of 2012