mma / News

Conor McGregor Says He Still Owes Nate Diaz a Third Fight and Trilogy Will Happen

March 20, 2019 | Posted by Jeffrey Harris
Nate Diaz Conor McGregor

TMZ Sports reports that Conor McGregor, while celebrating St. Patrick’s Day at Binny’s Beverage Depot in Chicago, told fans about a potential rubber match with Nate Diaz. The two previously fought twice in 2016, going 1-1 in their series. You can see the video of the chat below.

McGregor stated, “He fought me, he beat me. He gave me a rematch at the exact same weight, there was no hesitation, that’s a true fighter right there. I have nothing but respect … I owe him the trilogy now and the trilogy will happen.”

Nate Diaz and McGregor first fought at UFC 196 in March 2016. Diaz won the match by submission. The two later had a rematch at UFC 202 in August 2016. McGregor won the rematch by decision.

At the moment, Conor McGregor has a long line of people who want to fight him. Not to mention, he has ongoing legal issues.

There was recently talk about McGregor potentially fighting Donald Cerrone, but the matchup appears to have fallen apart. Additionally, McGregor claimed he would take a co-main event slot for a UFC fight if the UFC gave him shares in the company.