mma / News

Junior dos Santos Says Brock Lesnar Shouldn’t Get an Immediate UFC Title Shot

March 10, 2019 | Posted by Jeremy Thomas
Brock Lesnar - Stipe Miocic

Junior dos Santos isn’t keen on the idea of Brock Lesnar being the next opponent for UFC heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier. Dos Santos spoke at last night’s post-UFC on ESPN+ 4 press conference after his win over Derrick Lewis and weighed in in reports that Lesnar will face Cormier in the latter’s next match.

“For sure not Brock Lesnar,” dos Santos said about Cormier’s next opponent (per Wrestling Inc). “He’s not even part of the sport right now. He cannot come back and fight for the title. It doesn’t make sense.”

This is the second time dos Santos has stated his opposition to Lesnar facing Cormier in a short time, having said last week that it would be “would be ridiculous to have [Lesnar] back in the sport and have him fighting for the title already.”

Our full report from last night’s event is here