mma / News

Sexual Assault Charges In France Dropped Against Conor McGregor

April 16, 2021 | Posted by Jeremy Thomas

Conor McGregor won’t be charged on allegations of a sexual assault incident in France, according to a new report. According to TMZ, French officials have confirmed that the case against McGregor stemming from an allegation of sexual assault and exhibition made in September of last year will not move ahead due to lack of evidence.

McGregor was detained and questioned in Corsica on allegations that he commited “acts that could be described as attempted sexual assault and sexual exhibition.” McGregor’s reps had immediately denied any misconduct.

The TMZ report notes that officials in Corsica said there was not enough evidence to move ahead, with the document they obtained reading:

“The examination of the present proceedings does not justify any criminal prosecution since:

— The facts or the circumstances of the facts of the proceedings could not have been clearly established by the investigations.

— The pieces of evidence are therefore not sufficient for the offense to be constituted and for criminal prosecution to be engaged.”

McGregor’s rep told the outlet, “They [French authorities] did a criminal investigation. They collected DNA and the DNA evidence confirmed McGregor’s account.”

article topics :

Conor McGregor, Jeremy Thomas