Movies & TV / News

John Carpenter Says The Rock Has Not Contacted Him About a Big Trouble in Little China Remake

October 15, 2016 | Posted by Jeffrey Harris

It was previously reported in 2015 that Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson was planning to work on a remake of Big Trouble in Little China. Johnson also voiced that he wants the film’s original director of the cult classic, John Carpenter, to be involved with the planned remake. Ashley Miller and Zac Stentz were attached to write the script, and Johnson would play the role of jack Burton. However, in a recent interview with Screen Rant, Carpenter claims that no one has contacted him about working on the planned remake for the project.

When asked about the remake, Carpenter said, “I know! It might be crazy… it might be great! I don’t know. Nobody’s told me anything. No one tells me anything [laughs].” When told that The Rock stated he was interested in having Carpenter being involved with the production and then asking him again if there’s been any outreach, Carpenter replied, “No. No one’s talked to me about it. Haven’t heard a thing!”

The issue could just be that the film is still early in development, and The Rock is busy with other projects at the moment. So, if he revisits this film, he might finally getting around to collaborating with Carpenter for the film, if it even gets made at all.

BOOM! Studios is also releasing a comic book series based on the film in a crossover miniseries, Big Trouble in Little China/Escape From New York. The first issue is now on sale.