music / News

Tom Petty Died Due to Accidental Prescription Medication Overdose

January 19, 2018 | Posted by Jeremy Thomas
Tom Petty

Tom Petty’s death was the result of an accidental drug overdose stemming from a variety of prescription medications. TMZ reports that the legendary rocker’s October death came as a result of mixed drug toxicity, per the L.A. County Coroner.

According to the autopsy report, Petty was on several pain medications including Fentanyl patches, oxycodone, temazepam, alprazolam, citalopram, acetyl fentanyl and despropionyl fentanyl. Petty had been prescribed the medications due to legitimate ailments including emphysema, knee problems and a fractured hip.

According to Petty’s family, his fractured hip and his dedication to touring combined as a fatal combination, as Petty insisted on keeping his fifty three concert dates despite the conduction. His hip got worse over time and led to the medications. He was told on the date of his heart attack that his hip had become a full-on break, which may have caused him to overmedicate.

article topics :

Tom Petty, Jeremy Thomas