Quantcast

 

wrestling / News

AAW Promoter Apologizes For Booking Michael Elgin After Backlash

February 18, 2018 | Posted by Jeremy Thomas
Michael Elgin

– The promoter of AAW has issued an apology for booking Michael Elgin for Saturday night’s show after the surprise appearance caused a backlash. Elgin made an appearance at last night’s show, which was billed as a “mystery show” with no announced matches, leading to no one being aware that Elgin would be on the card.

Elgin’s appearance came after he the company announced in December that they were pulling Elgin from their shows due to claims that he had covered up a sexual assault allegedly committed by one of his students, Sean Orleans, “until the situation can be resolved.” Elgin filed a lawsuit last week against the woman who accused him of the cover-up.

According to WZ, some fans in the arena were upset about Elgin’s appearance and turned their backs on the ring during the match, where he faced Myron Reed. After fans were encouraged to tweet about the show using #AAWShowdown during intermission, some used the hashtag to criticize the booking.

Danny Daniels told journalist John Gregory that he used Elgin because Elgin was instrumental in getting Tetsuya Naito booked for the show. Naito faced Sami Callihan in the main event. Gregory initially told Daniels that he won’t use Elgin going forward and then later said, “If we use him, he’ll be advertised.”

Daniels has since posted a statement to his Twitter account, as you can see below:

article topics :

AAW, Michael Elgin, Jeremy Thomas

Loading...