wrestling / News

Cody Rhodes Deletes Tweet Saying He’s ‘Going to Court,’ Acknowledges ‘Suck It Vince’ Chants and Sign at Dynamite

November 21, 2019 | Posted by Jeffrey Harris
Cody AEW Dynamite 11-7-19

WrestlingInc.com reports that in a tweet that has since been deleted, AEW EVP and wrestler Cody Rhodes mentioned that he’d be “going to court soon.” The full tweet had a Welcome to Pettyville” and read “Sounds like I’ll be going to court soon, time to go suit shopping.” It’s unclear what Cody was referring to.

Additionally, a fan released a video clip from last night’s AEW Dynamite. In the video clip, Rhodes acknowledged a “Suck It Vince” sign.” After the fans started chanting “Suck It Vince,” Cody then said in response, “I really cannot say anything. I think the sign says it all.” You can view that footage below.

As noted, AEW announced that it’s going to have a Bash at the Beach edition of Dynamite in January 2020. Previously, WWE owned the Bash at the Beach name and trademark. However, Cody Rhodes reportedly filed for the trademark earlier this year.