wrestling / News

Georges St-Pierre Reveals WWE Approached Him, Says He’d be Open to a Special Appearance

June 1, 2019 | Posted by Jeffrey Harris
Georges St-Pierre GSP

TVA Sports recently spoke to former UFC welterweight and middleweight champion and all-time MMA great Georges St-Pierre, who revealed that WWE wanted to sign him and said he was approached by WWE at an ESPN event in the US. Previously, GSP announced his retirement from MMA last February. He stated the following (translation via MMA Fighting):

GSP on being approached by WWE: “I was at an ESPN event in the United States, the awards ceremony, and I got approached by the WWE. I had just retired, and, it’s a form of competition, but of course, it’s also scripted, so I don’t know if I’d be willing to relive that. Perhaps for a special event, so I could taste it. But I don’t know if I’d want to sign a contract and do it every week and making it a living. Maybe for a special appearance.”

Georges St-Pierre’s thoughts on WWE: “It’s a form of competition and I do not know if I’m ready to go back into it. If I accept, it will be for a special event. I don’t know if I’d want to sign a contract and do it every week and making it a living.”

GSP on not wanting to do wrestling full-time: “Perhaps we will get back to them on that, I don’t know, but for the moment, there are no discussions at all. They wanted to contact my agents, I gave them their number, but I don’t want to switch to wrestling full-time.”