mma / News

Conor McGregor Being Investigated For Second Sexual Assault Allegation

October 21, 2019 | Posted by Jeremy Thomas
Conor McGregor EA UFC 3

Conor McGregor is the subject of a second sexual assault investigation in his home country of Ireland. The New York Times reports that McGregor is being investigated by Irish authorities over an allegation by a woman in her 20s that McGregor sexually assaulted her in a vehicle parked outside a pub in Dublin last week. He has yet to be charged, and police have yet to interview him.

The Irish Times is reporting the allegation as one made against “a well-known sports figure who is already the subject of a rape inquiry.” Irish law restricts media from identifying invididuals who are charged with or being investigated for rape unless they are convicted.

A statement from Garda, the Irish police service, said, “Investigations ongoing and no arrests at this time. Owing to the nature of the investigation we will not be commenting further at this time.”

McGregor was the subject of an investigation over sexual assault in January, which wasn’t reported on until March. McGregor was questioned by law enforcement and released pending further investigation.

“Conor McGregor is frequently the subject of rumors,” a publicist for McGregor told the NY Times. “He emphatically denies any report accusing him of sexual assault.”

article topics :

Conor McGregor, Jeremy Thomas