Movies & TV / News

Production Listing Says Wedding Crashers Sequel Filming This Summer

June 4, 2021 | Posted by Jeremy Thomas
Wedding Crashers

It looks like the long-rumored Wedding Crashers is finally set to begin filming this summer, according to a production listing. Fantastic Film Fans reporter Jason Osiason shared a photo from a production listing that states the film will begin shooting in August in Puero Rico and that Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Isla Fisher, and Rachel McAdams will be returning to star with original director David Dobkin back behind the camera. The listing also says that the film will be released on HBO Max.

The film has long been rumored considering the success of the 2005 romantic comedy, which made $288.5 million worldwide against a $40 million budget. Dobkin said in an interview last year that there has been no sequel because “We don’t have a script that we’re there with yet.” He added,

“10 years later, when I was asked again and I hung up the phone after saying no, I thought about it and I’m like, ‘Well I’d be curious what it’d be like for guys in their late 40s who end up being single again and have to go back out in the world. What a weird, difficult, challenging story that is.’ And as long as there’s a real story in the middle of it, to me, it can be a movie.”