Movies & TV / News

Bruce Campbell Says New Evil Dead Could Start Filming This Year

February 21, 2020 | Posted by Jeremy Thomas

The Evil Dead franchise remains alive per Bruce Campbell, despite his retirement from the role of Ash Williams, and the next film could start filming this year. As previously reported, Sam Raimi confirmed late last year that a new entry in the franchise was on the way and that while Bruce Campbell will not be reprising his role in the film, but will be producing it.

Campbell confirmed that news at Fan Expo Vancouver last weekend (per Horror Bound), answering a fan question about if he would ever reprise his role. He said he had retired from the role of Ash for good and added, “we’re producing more EVIL DEAD movies. Maybe one later this year. Sam Raimi has hand picked the next guy to make another creepy Evil Dead. It just won’t have Ash. Yeah, it is cool. There are more stories to tell, sir.””

Raimi has said that he would like to direct a new Evil Dead film starring Campbell, but that “he says he’s retired the character. I hope not.”

article topics :

Evil Dead, Jeremy Thomas