Movies & TV / News

Ray Fisher Says He Would Return For a Zack Snyder-Directed Justice League Sequel

January 17, 2021 | Posted by Jeremy Thomas
Ray Fisher Cyborg

Ray Fisher has been making headlines for his issues with DC over his Justice League allegations, but he says he’d be interested in returning if Zack Snyder directed a sequel. Fisher recently did an Instagram Live session and was asked by a fan if he would come back for a theoretical sequel directed by Snyder, and gave his affirmative.

“I’d definitely pick up the phone,” said Fisher (per JoBlo). “There’s no way I wouldn’t pick up the phone, that’s crazy. Even if he just called me to say what’s up, that phone is getting picked up. He could be like, “Yo, I’m gonna do a Dawn of the Dead 2 and we want you to play a zombie,” I’d be like, just put me the way in the back, I’m fine with that.”

To be clear, there is no sequel with Snyder at the helm as of now so this is all hypothetical. WarnerMedia has been moving ahead with their plans for the DCE and they do not currently involve Snyder, who recently confirmed no such film is planned. Meanwhile, Fisher has been publicly feuding with the studio over his claims that DC Films boss Walter Hamada enabled the abuse that Fisher alleges went on from Joss Whedon when Whedon took over direction. Fisher refuses to work on any film in which Hamada is involved, which has led to Cyborg being written out of the upcoming The Flash.

WarnerMedia has defended Hamada, releasing a statement which read:

“As has been previously stated, an extensive investigation was conducted by an outside law firm, led by a former federal judge who has assured WarnerMedia that there were no impediments to the investigation. Last summer, Mr. Fisher was offered the opportunity to reprise his role as Cyborg in The Flash. Given his statement that he will not participate in any film associated with Mr. Hamada, our production is now moving on.”